The Royal New Zealand Police College (RNZPC) is the heart and home of New Zealand Police. It is where our people begin their journey in policing and where they come back to for training and development throughout their careers.
To support our goals of world-class police training and education, the RNZPC is establishing an Independent Advisory Board. We are looking for independent experts and community members to provide an external perspective on curriculum content, quality assurance, policing innovation, strategy, community relationships and corporate governance.
The Board will be chaired by a member of the Police Executive and provide advice directly to organisational leaders.
Board members will be appointed by either direct approach or expression of interest. The first term runs from 2023-2025.
Applications have now closed and the new Board will be announced soon.
Skills and competencies sought
We are aiming to have diverse Board members with skills and competencies such as:
- Knowledge of tikanga, te ao Māori, mātauranga Māori, or Māori strategic acumen,
- Expertise in research and innovation relevant to policing such as family harm, mental health, social cohesion, emerging technologies, and strategic foresight,
- Perspectives from diverse voices or groups impacted by policing,
- Corporate governance and/or risk and assurance experience,
- Global perspectives on policing,
- The principles and practice of education, especially within bicultural and multicultural settings,
- Experience in organisational development, wellbeing, and organisational change.
For more information and a wider view of the organisation refer to the New Zealand Police website and the Newcops website.