Choice aims to raise awareness in students of the need to take care of your friends in social situations.
In their original form, the Choice resources for years 10–13 were called Dare: Reducing the Harm. This resource will be revised in due course.
These resources for years 11–13 will help students to:
- gather resources to run a one-hour peer leaders lesson for year 10 students called Be There for Your Mates
- participate in stand-alone lessons across different subject areas.
The learning activities are arranged across the following different subjects:
- Mathematics with statistics
- The Arts
- Health and physical education
- Social sciences
DVDs that are used in these resources can be accessed from your School Community Officer.
- Teachers' guide (PDF, 1.8MB)
Implementation working book
Before teaching the lessons teachers should read the Implementation Working Book which describes an action plan to help secondary schools reduce illicit drug harm.
- Implementation working book (PDF, 702KB)
Schools wishing to involve family/whānau will find the Parent/Caregiver Workbook helpful as a means to increase engagement.
- Parent/caregiver workbook (PDF, 589KB)