Firearms forms and guides
These forms are a collection of the most used application forms for licences, endorsements and firearms or offensive weapon import permits.
The National Arms Office is putting together a small series of guides to explain the processes associated with firearms licences and endorsements.
Applications must be made in person to the local Police Arms Office (area or district Police stations).
- Form S. 43A - Mail Order Sales of Standard Sporting Firearm(s), Airgun(s) and/or Ammunition (Section – 43A Arms Act). For more information regarding the Mail Order process see the Guide for Applicants – Mail Order Sales
- Form POL67DA - Complete the Online Firearms Visitors Application form.
- Form POL67A - Application for a permit to procure by endorsed licence holders to acquire pistols, restricted weapons or military style semi-automatic firearms within New Zealand from another person.
Complete the Online Firearms Visitors Application form.
- Form POL67B - Application to import firearms airguns, restricted airguns and firearm parts. A permit is not required for parts of a sporting rifle or shotgun other than the complete upper action (upper and/or lower receiver for AR/AK types).
Information about Import permits for parts of firearms
- Form POL67L - Renewal of dealer's licence. Dealers' licences are renewed annually.
- Form POL67F - Application for a "B" endorsement to possess pistols for target pistol shooting. Applicants must be or become a member of a pistol club recognised by the Commissioner of Police.
- Form POL67G - Application for a "C" endorsement to possess pistols and restricted weapons e.g. collectors; historical event re-enactors; film makers.
- Form POL67H - Application for an "E" (general) endorsement. This is the endorsement which is personal to the applicant.
- Form POL67M - Application for a firearms dealer's licence. Applicants must hold a standard firearms licence. Applies to any firearms activity by way of business e.g. shops; on-line merchants; gunsmiths; second hand dealers; game parks.
- Form POL67OW - Application to import offensive weapons (Customs Import Prohibition Order). Applies to among other things, edged weapons, such as: bayonets, double-edged knives, daggers, disguised edged weapons (e.g. walking stick swords), flick knives, throwing knives, short swords (18" or less), disguised weapons, including items such as walking stick guns and knuckle dusters.
- Form POL67X - Application for an "E" (firearm specific) endorsement. This is the endorsement which is for the firearm to be acquired.
- Form POL67N - Guide for Applicants Security for Licence Endorsements (security conditions and requirements for firearm licences and endorsements). Conditions and Requirements for Firearms Licences and Endorsements for endorsement security requirements is an explanation of the requirements for the security required to be installed by licence holders. Refer to the Arms Regulations 1992 for the full requirements.
- Measuring length of MSSA Firearms classification approval
- Safes - minimum standard report
- British Standard 3621
- Safe Drawing C2191 and Steel Cabinet