"The number of Bail Checks cannot currently be reported, due to a recent change in IT system and process. We expect to reinstate this measure in the near future."
· Consistent with a strategy of 'Prevention First', police continued to increase focus on crime prevention in March 2013, as evidenced by increases in all indicators for preventative activities.
· Police Safety Orders are generally being respected, with only 68 breaches occurring from 1,008 orders issued.
· Of the offences usually discovered by police, there were slightly more Liquor Ban Breaches and Disorder offences in March 2013 than in March 2012. However, the number of offences for Assaults Police and Drugs fell significantly.
· There were also fewer Serious Assaults Resulting in Injury and Public Place Assaults, but more Dwelling Assaults and Robbery offences than the same period last year.
· The numbers of Burglaries and Vehicles Stolen reduced significantly in March 2013, compared with the same month last year.
Showing >> National
Preventative activities aimed at reducing crime and victimisation
Drunks Taken to Detox/Home
Police Safety Orders
Offences usually discovered / detected by Police
Liquor Ban Breaches
Offences usually reported to Police
Serious Assaults Resulting In Injury
Public Place Assaults