goAML Web allows rapid and secure exchange of information between the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU), reporting entities and law enforcement and intelligence authorities. The confidentiality of the data collected is ensured.
goAML Web is the prescribed method by which reporting entities submit Suspicious Transaction Reports (STRs) and from 1 Nov 2017, Prescribed Transactions Reports (PTRs) to the FIU.
Note: If you are experiencing problems with access to the goAML Web site, it could be related to the version of the browser you are using. To resolve this issue please try to revert to use either of the following
- Chrome versions 30+
- Internet Explorer 9+
- Firefox 23+.
goAML news and updates
The goAML website is now available to be used for reporting STRs.
For enquiries please email goAML@police.govt.nz.
- goAML Version 4.2 Upgrade web guide (DOC 2.3MB)
Registering in goAML
How to register with goAML (Business and User Guide)
- Web Registration (DOCX 16KB)
Reporting Suspicious Transaction Reports (STRs)
- goAML Web Reporting Quick Reference Guide (DOCX 3.3MB)
- goAML Web User’s Guide (DOC 2.3MB)
- goAML Hints and Tips (DOCX 15KB)
- Top Ten Errors (DOC 37KB)
- Transaction Structures Diagram (DOC 31KB)
- Reporting on Cheque Deposits and Withdrawals (DOCX 15KB)
Reporting Prescribed Transactions Reports (PTRs)
From 1 November 2017 reporting entities will need to submit PTRs to the FIU.
For information about which reporting entities need to submit PTRs, please refer to the Prescribed Transactions Reporting web page.
Documentation to help reporting entities prepare their IT systems will be published in early 2017.
Download important goAML related documents
- goAML Web User's Guide - Reporting Instructions (PDF 1.7MB)
- Introductory letter and general information on the FIU goAML schema (PDF 218 KB)
- FIU responses to public consultation held October 2012 (PDF 248 KB)
- NZ goAML schema 4 v. 0.4 (DOCX 1.1MB)
- NZ customized schema (XSD 169KB)
- Sample XML (ZIP 2KB)
- XML schema validator with preview (32bit) setup (ZIP 21MB)
- XML schema validator with preview (64bit) setup (ZIP 21.1MB)