Do NOT use Twitter in an emergency or to report a crime
In an emergency always call 111, never use Twitter to report an emergency.
If you want to report a crime or need other Police services, contact your local station. We don’t reply to direct messages or @Mentions on our Twitter feeds.
If you want to give information about crime without revealing your identity you can call the organisation Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or email by completing the secure Crimestoppers Giving information form.
NZ Police Twitter accounts
The following links take you to the official New Zealand Police Twitter accounts:
Main news feed
- @NZPolice – News from our website
- @AuckCityPolice – Auckland City
- @BetterWorkStory – Real work stories from real police officers
- @BOPPolice – Bay of Plenty
- @GizzyPolice – Gisbourne
- @HawkesBayPolice – Hawkes Bay
- @ManukauPolice – Counties Manukau
- @NZPCanterbury – Canterbury
- @NZPGenDuties – Frontline staff
- @NZPoliceCollege – Follow a new recruit at training college
- @TasmanPoliceNZ – Tasman
- @WgtnPolice – Wellington