An arsonist that Police believe torched several cars around the eastern suburbs of Auckland 8 days ago appears to have struck again.
In the early hours of Monday morning the 17th of May 7 cars were set on fire.
At 2am this morning the 25th of May another car was set alight.
"The cars have all been removed for forensic testing but we believe they have all been set on fire by the same person or group of people", said Inquiry Head, Detective Sergeant, Peter Florence.
On the 17th of May the vehicles of varying makes, models and expense were all parked on the side of the road.
The vehicles were set on fire in the following sequence:
- 1am in Whiteacres Drive, Pakuranga
- 1.20am Prince Regent Drive, Bucklands Beach
- 1.30am Grampian Drive, St Heliers
- 1.40am Long Drive, St Heliers
- 1.44am Felton Mathew Ave, St Johns
- 2am Pyatt Crescent, Meadowbank
- 2.50am Sprott Road, Kohimarama
The car this morning was set on fire at 2am in Kurahaupo St, Orakei.
"If anyone has seen an individual or group of people acting suspiciously in the areas about the time these cars were torched we would like them to contact us".