All online options

Reporting online

Use to report any situation that doesn’t require immediate Police or Emergency Services attendance or to get in touch for general advice or queries.

Case / Report update

After you have made a report to Police and been given a reference number, you can use the Case / Report update form to:

  • Provide additional information (including photos and documents)
  • Request an update from Police about your case / report
  • Withdraw your report.

Request a Case / Report update

Other online options are reporting:

Find out more about how to report crime.

For drivers

Pay a ticket/infringement fee
Report an unsafe driving incident (Community Roadwatch)
Enquire about tickets/infringements and speed cameras

Request a Traffic Crash Report (TCR)

Learn more about requesting a Traffic Crash Report

Check Stolen/Missing/Wanted listings

Licensing and vetting

Firearms and Prohibited Offensive Weapons

Privacy Act and Official Information Act

Learn more about Requesting Information

Request for personal information

You may complete and submit your request (including uploaded attachments) online at /privacyactrequest. Alternatively, you may download the Request for personal information form.

Request for official information

You may complete and submit your request online at /oiarequest. Alternatively, you may download the Request for official information form.

Crime Prevention

Praise and complain

  • Pass on praise
    If you are pleased with the service you have received from us, we welcome praise and compliments about individual members of Police or about Police in general.
  • Make an expression of dissatisfaction
    To help us improve the quality of service we provide, please tell us about the Police actions or service you are dissatisfied with.
  • Make a complaint
    This form allows you to address a serious concern about: the misconduct or neglect of duty by a New Zealand Police employee; a policy, procedure or practice of New Zealand Police.

Submit a report to the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU)

Reporting entities can submit Suspicious Transaction Reports to the FIU via goAML Web. Learn more about goAML and the FIU.

Contact the FIU.

General enquiry

If you can't find the answer to your query in our Frequently Asked Questions you can make a general enquiry at or visit your nearest Police station.


Request notifications about news and jobs.


Enquire about working for Police.

Holidays Act payroll remediation for former employees

Learn more about the Holidays Act payroll remediation for former employees. If you think you may be eligible (you must have been employed by the NZ Police between 2009 and 2015), and you don’t believe we have your correct contact details, please fill out the contact details form so we can contact you. For further information please email

Website feedback

Make a suggestion for the Police website.