Use 105.police.govt.nz to report any situation that doesn’t require immediate Police or Emergency Services attendance or to get in touch for general advice or queries.
Case / Report update
After you have made a report to Police and been given a reference number, you can use the Case / Report update form available at 105.police.govt.nz( to:
- Provide additional information (including photos and documents)
- Request an update from Police about your case / report
- Withdraw your report.
Other online options are reporting:
Request a Traffic Crash Report (TCR)
Check Stolen/Missing/Wanteds listings
Licensing and vetting
- Firearms licence - tell us when you've changed address
- Firearms licence - request a Visitor's firearms licence
- Firearms - make an enquiry
- Vetting - request Police vetting online
- Vetting - contact the team
Firearms and Prohibited Offensive Weapons
- Download Firearms Forms
- Application for a New Zealand firearms licence form (PDF, 111KB)
- Importing Firearms by NZ Firearms Licence Holders POL 67B
Privacy Act and Official Information Act
Request for personal information
You may complete and submit your request (including uploaded attachments) online at /privacyactrequest. Alternatively, you may download the Request for personal information form.
Request for official information
You may complete and submit your request online at /oiarequest. Alternatively, you may download the Request for official information form.
- Complete our online Commercial Crime Prevention Checklist
This quick checklist provides crime prevention tips that specifically relate to you and your property.
- Complete our online Home Safety Checklist
This quick checklist provides crime prevention tips that specifically relate to you and your home.
Praise and complain
- Pass on praise
If you are pleased with the service you have received from us, we welcome praise and compliments about individual members of Police or about Police in general.
- Make an expression of dissatisfaction
To help us improve the quality of service we provide, please tell us about the Police actions or service you are dissatisfied with.
- Make a complaint
This form allows you to address a serious concern about: the misconduct or neglect of duty by a New Zealand Police employee; a policy, procedure or practice of New Zealand Police.
Submit a report to the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU)
Reporting entities can submit Suspicious Transaction Reports to the FIU via goAML Web. Learn more about goAML and the FIU.
Air Support - Eagle
Holidays Act payroll remediation for former employees
Learn more about the Holidays Act payroll remediation for former employees. If you think you may be eligible (you must have been employed by the NZ Police between 2009 and 2015), and you don’t believe we have your correct contact details, please fill out the contact details form so we can contact you. For further information please email HolidaysActRemediation@police.govt.nz.