State of National Emergency important notice

State of National Emergency

Police service update

At 11.59pm on Wednesday 25 March 2020, New Zealand moved to COVID-19 Alert Level 4.

This means New Zealanders not working in essential services must stay at home and stop all interactions with others outside of their household.

During this time Police will continue to provide essential policing services.

Find out more

Select contact type

105 Police Non-Emergency

Use Ten Five (105) to report situations to Police that don't require an immediate Police or Emergency Services response.

Ten-Five (105)

If it’s already happened or you don’t need urgent Police assistance, use ten-five (105). It’s a free nationwide service available day and night for New Zealanders and overseas visitors for getting in touch with Police when it’s not an emergency.

Report any incident or find advice at, or call 105 free from both mobile and landline phones.

After you have filed a 105 report, you can add to or request an update on a report at

You can also call 105 to contact any police station in New Zealand.

105 is the number for Police non-emergencies.
111 is the emergency number for Police, Fire and Ambulance.

If you can't decide if it's a real emergency and you're still worried, call 111 and ask us. We'll help you work out what to do.

More information