Accessing information

You can request information that Police holds about you, or a third party, or Police as an agency. This information will be processed under the Official Information Act 1982 or the Privacy Act depending on the kind of information you are requesting. Or, you may find that the information you want is already available below or on the Proactive information page

If you can’t find what you are looking for, you can request the information.

Request information about yourself (Privacy Act)

The Privacy Act enables you to request information about yourself. You do not have to be a citizen or permanent resident, or be in New Zealand to request it. … More

Request other information (Official Information Act)

The Official Information Act 1982 (or OIA), enables you to make a request for official information held by government agencies, including New Zealand Police. … More

Request a Traffic Crash Report (TCR)

Section 211 of the Land Transport Act 1998, enables any person to make a request for Traffic Crash Reports held by New Zealand Police. Provision of the TCR is subject to any applicable withholding gro… More

Proactive information

Police proactively releases information that is considered high public interest. This includes data, reporting, Police policies, and OIA responses. You can find information on a range of different are… More

Request Criminal Disclosure

This form is for use by Defence Counsel or defendants self-representing themselves in court to submit a request for disclosure information, under Sections 12, 13 and 14 of the Criminal Disclosure Act 2008. … More