Call One-One-one (111) when you need an emergency response from Police, Fire or Ambulance.
The operator will ask you which service you need and connect you to the right service.
111 calls are free. You can call this number on a mobile phone even if the phone is out of credit.
Do you have difficulty hearing or talking on the phone? You can register here for the 111 TXT service so you can contact Fire, Ambulance or Police in an emergency.
If you need Police but can’t speak for fear of harm, you will be asked to press keys for emergency assistance.
Call 111 if:
- There is a fire of any sort
- You need an ambulance because someone is seriously hurt
- Someone is breaking into your house right now
- There is car accident where people might be hurt, or cars are blocking the road
- Someone has been assaulted and the offender is still there
- You are afraid for your safety and or for those around you
- You need an emergency Police response
If you can't decide if it's a real emergency and you're still worried, call 111 and ask us. We'll help you work out what to do.