Lost property advice

If you have lost some property you can now report this online.



This will generate a reference number that you may need for insurance purposes.

In the meantime, here’s some advice on how you can try and get your property back.

  • Think about when you realised you had lost your property and retrace your steps from there.
  • Contact the companies or organisations where you may have left your property.
  • If you’ve lost a bank card contact your bank immediately to inform them.
  • If you’ve lost your driver licence, request for a replacement.
  • If you’ve lost your New Zealand passport, contact Department of Internal Affairs on 0800 22 50 50 or for more information go to their website.
  • If you’ve lost your phone try ringing it or send a text to your phone saying it is lost and give a number for the finder to call. When reporting your lost phone in person it’s best to do this at the police station closest to where you may have lost it.

If you have found someone else's property, please take it to your local Police station.