We welcome your feedback because it helps us improve our services, and gives us the opportunity to address things that need putting right.
If you have a question or complaint about a traffic infringement notice, please contact the Police Infringement Bureau.
Provide positive feedback
It’s great to hear when we’ve done a good job. If you would like to provide positive feedback about Police as an organisation or thank someone who works for Police, let us know and we can share it.
To provide positive feedback:
Express your dissatisfaction or make a complaint
It’s important to let us know when we haven’t done a good job. If you’re unhappy with the service Police have provided you can either:
- Provide feedback to Police expressing your dissatisfaction; or
- Make a complaint to the Independent Police Conduct Authority (IPCA), or alternatively, directly to Police.
If you make a complaint directly to Police, we will in turn notify the IPCA of the complaint. Whichever of the above options you choose, you will be kept informed about the process, and the information that you provide will be taken seriously, investigated fully and recorded properly in relevant systems.
Provide feedback to Police expressing your dissatisfaction
You should provide us with feedback if:
- You felt our service was too slow or otherwise not up to standard
- You felt that our staff displayed a poor attitude, were impolite or lacked empathy
- You were given wrong or inaccurate information
- You felt that you were treated unfairly
- You feel that crime is not being policed well in your area
To provide feedback expressing your dissatisfaction:
Make a complaint to the Independent Police Conduct Authority (IPCA)
The IPCA oversees complaints about the NZ Police. They are headed by a Judge, are totally independent and not part of NZ Police.
You should make a complaint to the IPCA if you have serious concerns about any of the following:
- Police misconduct or neglect of duty
- Police practices, policies and procedures.
Download information about providing feedback
You can download information, in different languages, about providing feedback: