Everything we do at New Zealand Police is about ensuring people are safe and feel safe. To enable us to deliver on this commitment we are guided by our core values.
These values inform the way we work, operate and make decisions. Our values reflect what is important to us and the communities we serve.
The ideals we aspire to are Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Commitment to Māori and the Treaty, Empathy and Valuing Diversity.
The document titled 'Our Values' (accessible below) outlines everything you need to know about what the values mean within a policing context.
You can read about Our Values in five languages including English, Māori, Hindi, Samoan and Simplified Chinese.
- Core Competencies: How we will deliver on Our Business (PDF, 6.1MB)
- New Zealand Police core values (PDF, 16.8MB)
- New Zealand Police core values in Māori (PDF, 3MB)
- New Zealand Police core values in Hindi (PDF, 6.1MB)
- New Zealand Police core values in Samoan (PDF, 5MB)
- New Zealand Police core values in Simplified Chinese (PDF, 7.3MB)