Police’s Latest OIA Statistics
New Zealand Police report Official Information Act (OIA) statistics to Te Kawa Mataaho Public Service Commission on a six monthly basis. Te Kawa Mataaho Public Service Commission statistics are published at the following link: https://www.publicservice.govt.nz/resources/official-information-statistics/.
Reported information currently includes the following statistics:
- Number of requests that were completed.
- Number of OIA requests the agency was unable to complete within the legislated timeframe (recognising the legislated timeframe can include extensions).
- Number of responses to OIA requests that were published on the agency’s website.
- Number of complaints to the Ombudsman that were notified to the agency.
- Number of OIA final views formed by the Ombudsman against the agency.
Police takes its statutory obligations regarding the OIA very seriously. Current and historic six monthly reporting statistics and associated commentary are proactively published to improve transparency and confidence.