Approved Information Sharing Agreement between Police and the Registrar-General - Proactive Releases
On 24 October 2019 the Approved Information Sharing Agreement between Police and the Registrar-General, relating to the sharing of registered death, registered name change and non-disclosure direction information, came into force.
The following papers include advice to Ministers on the Approved Information Sharing Agreement.
Sections of the Official Information Act 1982 under which information has been withheld:
- Information is withheld under section 6(c) where making it available would be likely to prejudice the maintenance of the law, including the prevention, investigation, and detection of offences, and the right to a fair trial.
- Information is withheld under section 9(2)(a) to protect the privacy of natural persons.
Cabinet papers and related documents:
- SWC paper: Public Consultation on Approved Information Sharing Agreement to Disclose Name Changes, Deaths, and Non-Disclosure Directions (PDF 1.71MB)
- CAB-18-MIN-0484: Cabinet Minute (PDF 174KB)
- SWC paper: Justice Sector Identity Management - Next Stage (PDF 3.76MB)
- CAB-19-MIN-0110: Cabinet Minute (PDF 197KB)
- SWC paper: Approved Information Sharing Agreement to Disclose Name Changes, Deaths, and Non-Disclosure Directions (PDF 1.14MB)
- Proposal to make an Approved Information Sharing Agreement (AISA) to share information on name changes, deaths, and non-disclosure directions (PDF 2.65MB)
- CAB-19-MIN-0238: Cabinet Minute (PDF 173KB)
- LEG paper: Approval of Order in Council: Information Sharing Agreement between the Registrar-General, Births, Deaths and Marriages and New Zealand Police (PDF 770KB)
- CAB-19-MIN-0488 (PDF 181KB)