Home > About us > Publications and statistics > 'Safer Communities' investment package
'Safer Communities' investment package
On 2 February 2017, Prime Minister Bill English announced the Safer Communities investment package, a $503m investment in policing and the wider justice sector.
This announcement came after the submission of a final Cabinet paper by Minister of Police, Hon Paula Bennett.
This final Cabinet paper came after a number of draft papers and briefings which have been included below as part of a proactive release of information.
These documents are redacted versions and are being released on behalf of Minister Bennett and Police.
- Investment in Policing Cabinet Paper (FINAL) (PDF, 697KB)
- Cabinet Paper August 2016 (not considered by Cabinet) (PDF, 2.5MB)
- BR 214A and Cabinet Paper 29 August 2016 (not considered by Cabinet) (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Cabinet Paper October 2016 (not considered by Cabinet) (PDF, 872KB)
- Briefing 16-258 31 August 2016 (PDF, 258KB)
- Cabinet Paper December 2016 (PDF, 402KB)
- Aide Memoire 16-329 12 December 2016 (PDF, 462KB)
- Briefing 16-01 PB 20 December 2016 (PDF, 119KB)
- Briefing 16 06 PB 21 December 2016 (PDF, 2.1MB)
- Aide Memoire 20 January 2017 (PDF, 1.4MB)