Information for Health Practitioners

Notify Police

If you have concerns about a patient’s access to firearms, or you have received a notification from Police regarding a person who is not your patient, you can notify Police online:

Health Practitioner Reporting form

Alternatively, you can phone the non-emergency Police number 105.

If you consider that the licence holder poses an immediate or imminent danger of self-harm or harm to others, please call 111 and ask for Police.

For further guidance, please see the Information Sheet for Health Practitioners (PDF 1.5MB).