Anyone who has a vehicle parked in the Manchester Street car park is reminded that Police will be assisting with recovery of these vehicles from 5pm this evening (Wednesday, 16 March).
Owners of vehicles parked in the Manchester Street car park should assemble on the corner of Barbadoes Street and Moorhouse Avenue. Owners will then hand keys to Police and wait at the Barbadoes/Moorhouse intersection while the vehicle is retrieved by Police.
Please bear in mind the process may take some hours safety issues mean only one vehicle can removed from the car park at a time.
It is important that vehicle owners note the following:
• Bring keys to the vehicle
• Bring ID and proof of ownership.
• If collecting on behalf of the owner bring a letter of authorisation.
• Be dropped off as there is no parking available
• One person to be dropped off per vehicle as space is limited.
• Consider bringing a chair and a book as the process will take some time
• Shelter and toilet will be provided
• No member of the public/owner will be allowed into the cordon area to retrieve their own vehicle for safety reasons
• Car park clearance is subject to final engineer's clearance on the day
• Only go to the assembly point on the day your specific car park is being cleared. Vehicles will not be recovered from other locations not specified.
• Please be patient
• If you haven't already registered your vehicle please do so via the Car Finder application on www.police.govt.nz. Please only register once.
The same process, time and assembly point will apply to the following:
Thursday, 17 March
Vehicles in the Rydges public car park, situated on Oxford Terrace
Due to the Memorial Service being held on Friday, 18 March, no car park building retrieval will take place on Friday. Recovery from car parks will resume again on Saturday.
Further locations will continue to be advertised on police.govt.nz with locations announced 48 hours prior to collection to provide owners with time to make arrangements.
Christchurch Media Liaison Team: 027 432 0960 or ChchPoliceMediaLiason@police.govt.nz
Public Affairs: 04 460 2986 or 04 474 9482