State of emergency important notice

State of National Emergency

Police service update

At 11.59pm on Wednesday 25 March 2020, New Zealand moved to COVID-19 Alert Level 4.

This means New Zealanders not working in essential services must stay at home and stop all interactions with others outside of their household.

During this time Police will continue to provide essential policing services.

Find out more

Request for personal information form

Request for personal information form

Date Published: 
February 2017

Police has prepared a form to assist you to make a request, on paper or online, for personal information (i.e. information about yourself, or about a matter involving you) and to enable Police to process it.

Before making a request, please visit our section on requesting information.