I haven't been able to contact my friend/family member. Can you check to see if they're okay?
If you have simply lost touch, and there are no unusual circumstances, Police will not commence a search as we do not provide a family tracing service.
If you have made some attempt to find your friend/relative and you hold genuine fears for their safety, which can be justified, you should report them missing to your local police, in person. As part of taking a missing persons report, we need to be able to verify who you are and that the reasons for making the report are genuine. When making a missing persons report you should try to provide:
- the missing person's full name and date of birth
- a recent photograph of the missing person
- details of where and when they were last seen or heard from
- a full description of the missing person
- details of any vehicle they may be using or travelling in
- names and contact details of friends and associates
- any relevant medical/mental health information
- details of any bank accounts and credit cards that the missing person may be using
- the missing person's cell phone number and email address
- any known travel plans or destinations
- details of anyone in the company of the missing person
- details of any enquiries you have made to locate the person yourself.