There has been some revision to the access points to the CBD for authorised personnel and residents.
The central city of Christchurch remains cordoned off and between the four Avenues (Bealey, Fitzgerald, Moorhouse and Rolleston).
• EOC staff and residents authorised to access their homes within the cordon should use the Moorhouse Avenue and Montreal Street access point.
• EOC staff can also park vehicles at North Hagley Park, walk through the park and then go through the Rolleston Avenue and Gloucester Street cordon point.
• Authorised contractors to the south of the city can access via Moorhouse Avenue and Durham Street.
• Residents to the north of the city who are authorised to access their homes can do so via Bealey Avenue and Barbadoes Street.
• Residents to the east of the city who are authorised to access their homes can do so via Fitzgerald Avenue and Armagh Street.
All staff and contractors must have photo ID and all residents must have ID and verification of their address.
Media access to the Art Gallery is via the same intersection with a valid press pass. If the press pass doesn't have a photo another form of photo ID, such as a passport or driver's licence, must be presented.
Christchurch Media Liaison Team: 027 432 0960 or ChchPoliceMediaLiason@police.govt.nz
Public Affairs: 04 460 2986 or 04 474 9482