Report a bad driver – *555 and Roadwatch

For emergencies call 111.


Dial *555 FREE from a mobile phone to report road incidents which are urgent but not life-threatening.

This includes such things as non-injury crashes, erratic driving, traffic congestion, breakdowns and obstructions on the highway.

Your call will go to a Police Communications Centre but will be given lower priority than 111 calls.


You can report non-urgent incidents of poor driving where you do not wish the offender to be prosecuted. For Police to process your report you need to provide a registration plate number and make or colour of the vehicle you are reporting. Please note that, as an informal report, video or photo evidence is not required and consequently any such submitted file or attachments will not be opened or viewed.

Fill out the Report a bad driver online form.


Download the Community Roadwatch form [PDF, 45KB]

Police will treat your Community Roadwatch report as confidential. Your report will be assessed and if an offence and vehicle can be clearly identified, Police will contact the owner of the vehicle to tell them of the allegation made and of the expected standards of driver behaviour.

If you want the incident to be investigated with a view to the offender being prosecuted, you must lodge a formal complaint at your nearest police station.