Report a road incident or unsafe driver – *555 and Roadwatch

For emergencies call 111


Call *555 FREE from a mobile phone to report road incidents which are urgent but not life-threatening.

This includes such things as non-injury crashes, traffic congestion, breakdowns and obstructions on the highway.

Your call will go to a Police Communications Centre but will be given lower priority than 111 calls.

Please note that *555 will not work from a landline, only from a mobile phone.


You can report non-urgent incidents of poor driving where you do not wish the offender to be prosecuted. For Police to process your report you need to provide a registration plate number and make or colour of the vehicle you are reporting. Please note that, as an informal report, video or photo evidence is not required and consequently any such submitted file or attachments will not be opened or viewed.

Fill out the Community Roadwatch - report an unsafe driver online form


Download the Community Roadwatch - report an unsafe driver postal form

Police will treat your Community Roadwatch report as confidential. Your report will be assessed and if an offence and vehicle can be clearly identified, Police will contact the owner of the vehicle to tell them of the allegation made and of the expected standards of driver behaviour.

If you want the incident to be investigated with a view to the offender being prosecuted, you must lodge a formal complaint at your nearest police station.