The UNSC 1267/1989/2253 and 1988 Committees specifically obliges New Zealand to take action against those terrorist entities it lists. These UNSC-listed entities [ISIL (Daesh), Al-Qaida and the Taliban and associated individuals and organisations] are included as designated terrorist entities in the TSA.
These are available in three formats (current as at 30 May 2022).
- Designated terrorist entities, current as at 30 May 2022 (DOCX 650KB)
- Designated terrorist entities, current as at 30 May 2022 (PDF 3.7MB)
- Designated terrorist entities, current as at 30 May 2022 (XLSX 567KB)
For more information on UNSC lists and associated entities, please also check the relevant UN websites:
- Individuals and entities associated with the UNSC 1267/1989/2253 list
- Individuals and entities associated with the UNSC 1988 list
Any individual or group listed by the United Nations may apply to remove their name from the list. A New Zealand resident or citizen or any group whose members have New Zealand citizenship or residency may submit a request for delisting through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade or directly to the Office of the Ombudsperson.
For further information regarding an application for delisting please visit the website of the Office of the Ombudsperson of the Security Council’s 1267 Committee