The UNSC 1267/1989/2253 and 1988 Committees specifically obliges New Zealand to take action against those terrorist entities it lists. These UNSC-listed entities [ISIL (Daesh), Al-Qaida and the Taliban and associated individuals and organisations] are included as designated terrorist entities in the TSA.
These are available in three formats (current as at 15 October 2019).
- Designated terrorist entities, current as at 15 October 2019 (DOCX 392KB)
- Designated terrorist entities, current as at 15 October 2019 (PDF 3.7MB)
- Designated terrorist entities, current as at 15 October 2019 (XLS 1.3MB)
For more information on UNSC lists and associated entities, please also check the relevant UN websites:
- Individuals and entities associated with the UNSC 1267/1989/2253 list
- Individuals and entities associated with the UNSC 1988 list
Any individual or group listed by the United Nations may apply to remove their name from the list. A New Zealand resident or citizen or any group whose members have New Zealand citizenship or residency may submit a request for delisting through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade or directly to the Office of the Ombudsperson.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Private Bag 18 901
T +64 4 439 8000
F +64 4 439 8103
Office of the Ombudsperson
New York, NY 10017
United States of America
Tel: +1 212 963 2671
For further information regarding an application for delisting please visit the website of the Office of the Ombudsperson of the Security Council’s 1267 Committee