I'm doing research for my tertiary qualification and I would like some information. Can you help?
Information useful for tertiary stufdents on this and other websites includes:
- New Zealand Police official crime statistics
- Statistics New Zealand - search 'crime' or use the 'table builder'. Call them on 0508 525 525 (toll free in New Zealand) if you have trouble finding the stats you need.
- Road safety and crash statistics: Ministry of Transport
For other New Zealand Police publications please see Publications and Statistics.
If you wish to undertake post-graduate research involving New Zealand Police, please see our requirements.
If you wish to obtain existing information not available on the website, you can apply under the Official Information Act.
The Act enables you to ask Police for:
- any specified official information
- information about a person other than yourself
- information about internal policies, principles, rules or guidelines.
You may complete your request online at http://www.police.govt.nz/oiarequest.
Alternatively, you may download the Request for official information form, or write a letter or email, and deliver your completed request by hand or post or email to your nearest Police station or District Headquarters or Police National Headquarters.
You can expect a reply within 20 working days of receipt of your request, unless an extension of that timeframe is notified.
Write to your local Police or:
The Commissioner of Police
Police National Headquarters
PO Box 3017