State of National Emergency important notice

State of National Emergency


Police service update

Recent arrivals to New Zealand will receive a text message from Police to check they are complying will all self-isolation requirements.

Police is assisting the Medical Officer of Health to ensure all those who have arrived since 1am on Monday 16 March are self-isolating as instructed.

The text message will come from 4511.

Find out more

What do I need to provide to complete my traffic compliance?

What do I need to provide to complete my traffic compliance?

You must prove to Police that you have fixed the problem within the time allowed, for example by showing a receipt for new tyres, a warrant of fitness or updated/upgraded driver licence.

Police do not accept a test booking for driver licence compliance. For this matter to be considered you need to send an updated or upgraded copy of your driver licence to the Police Infringement Bureau.

Send evidence of compliance to the Police Infringement Bureau. All correspondence must include the infringement notice number.

Traffic compliance does not allow the infringement notice holder to continue committing the offence. It allows a certain amount of time to fix the problem rather than pay a fee or be prosecuted. Until the problem has been fixed the defective vehicle or driver licence can not be used.