We are here to respond to the needs of the community and help build a better, safer and more enjoyable place to live.
We provide reassurance, support and crime prevention advice to victims of crime. We also build relationships with individuals, agencies and groups involved in the community.
We work to increase people’s feelings of safety, ownership and connectivity with their community.
Aranui NPT’s Area
The team covers the area bordered by Shortland Street, Pages Road, Anzac Drive and Wainoni Road.
Aranui NPT Partners
We work with many other organisations and agencies in the neighbourhood including:
- Local schools and play centres
- Christchurch City Council
- Environment Canterbury
- NZ Fire Service
- Kāinga Ora-Housing New Zealand
- Work and Income NZ
- Oranga Tamariki-Ministry for Children
- Aranui Community Trust (ACTIS)
- He Waka Tapu
- Te Runanga o Nga Maata Waka
- Heartland Services
- Neighbourhood Support
- Age Concern
- Community health
What we can do for you
- Reassurance and support for victims of crime
- Crime prevention advice including advice on Crime Prevention through Environmental Design
- Security check your property
- Community activities
- Promoting Youth activities
- Drug and alcohol awareness education
- Connecting communities
- Creating neighbourhood Support groups
- Referral to specialist agencies and groups
- Family Violence
- Community pride and connectivity
- Developing neighbourhood support groups
- Graffiti prevention
Top neighbourhood tips
- Ensure your house, car and property are secure and valuables are out of sight.
- Record serial numbers and details of valuables and keep them in a safe place.
- Report all suspicious activity to Police. Dial 111 if it is happening now.
- Get to know your neighbours and create a Neighbourhood Support Group. (Christchurch.getsready.net)
- Take pride in your community, look after it and the people in it.
Contacting the team
Team leader: Sergeant Melissa Shaw