How can I have my fingerprints taken? I need them for an employment/immigration check.
Note: Normal services have resumed at all locations and customers are now able to book online for fingerprinting.
Kiwibank offers fingerprinting services for immigration and employment checks at the following shops around New Zealand:
- Kamo PostShop (Kamo, Whangarei)
- Sunnynook PostShop (North Shore, Auckland)
- Dominion Road Central PostShop (Auckland)
- Frankton PostShop (Hamilton)
- Tauranga PostShop (Bay of Plenty)
- Havelock North PostShop (Hawkes Bay)
- Inner City PostShop (Palmerston North)
- Tawa Take Note (Wellington)
- Avonhead PostShop (Christchurch)
- Green Island PostShop (Dunedin)
- Cromwell PostShop (Lower South Island)
More information about the service, locations of the participating outlets and booking of appointments can be found on the Kiwibank website. You must bring your passport with you or another form of suitable photo identification such as a valid driver’s licence.
Fingerprinting services will not be available at Police Stations in the regions where NZ Post is providing the service. Outside of these areas, fingerprinting services will still be available from major Police stations.
South African nationals please note:
Fingerprinting services can be provided for South African documents that are non-enabling, such as: police checks, visa applications, work permits and extensions to stay.
However, fingerprinting services cannot be provided for South African documents which are enabling, e.g. passports (permanent or temporary). This is because South African legislation dictates that only the South African High Commission staff are authorised to take fingerprints for these applications. South African nationals requiring fingerprints for enabling documents will need to contact the South African High Commission in Wellington for assistance.