Professional Services

Do not hesitate to contact professional help if ongoing support is needed. Contact your doctor, counsellor, therapist or community health centre for advice.

If a loved one is located and returns home, family and friends may consider professional counselling, mediation or reconciliation to help prevent the situation happening again.

Useful Websites

  • Red Cross conducts worldwide searches for missing relatives and exchanges messages, to restore and maintain contact between families.

    Visit the Red Cross website.

  • The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade may be able to help if a New Zealander has gone missing overseas. It can only help if other methods of contact, including police, have been unsuccessful and there is reason to be concerned for the person’s safety and welfare.

    Visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade web page Safe Travel.

  • New Zealand Land Search and Rescue (LandSAR) provides search and rescue support for the lost, missing and injured.

    Visit the LandSAR website.

  • Alzheimers New Zealand provides support, information and contacts for people with dementia and their carers, family, whānau and community.

    Visit the Alzheimers New Zealand website.