The Rail Safe resources provide learning activities to empower students to move safely and responsibly around trains and rail tracks.
What students will learn
These year 1-3 resources will help students to learn to:
- explain that trains are big and go fast
- give 2 reasons why they should stay away from trains and the rail corridor
- explain what a safety line on a platform is
- describe how to behave when waiting at a railway station.
One focus area
Learning activities are arranged in one focus area.
Focus area 1: Taking care around tracks and trains
Students learn what trains are like, and how to keep safe on a station platform. They identify what they already know about trains and train stations, and how they can teach each other.
- Taking care around tracks and trains (PDF, 77KB)
- Taking care around tracks and trains (DOC, 96KB)