Login to Vetting Services
* If this is your first time accessing the Vetting service, you will need to login with RealMe, then enter a Police ID and Activation code which was emailed to you by the Police Vetting team.
Things we do
- We process vetting requests submitted by approved agencies.
- We process vetting requests that are required as part of a Children’s Worker Safety Check under the Children's Act 2014.
- We process vetting requests for visas to selected countries
- We release information to an approved agency that is relevant to the purpose of the vetting request and has a degree of substantiation.
- We help approved agencies submit Australian Criminal History Check. (Australian criminal checks will incur a fee.)
Things we don't do
- We don’t process vetting requests from individuals.
- We don’t issue ‘Police Clearance certificates’. We do not have Police Certificate Clearance in New Zealand.
- We don’t make recommendations on the suitability of an individual for employment.
(Our role is to provide relevant information to an agency to allow them to make an informed decision.)
- We don’t provide legal advice or guidance on interpreting the Children's Act 2014.
- We don’t accept paper copies of forms. Vetting requests must be done online.
A Police Vet is not a National Security Clearance. The NZ National Security Clearance process is managed in accordance with the New Zealand government security clearance requirements administered by the New Zealand Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS). For more information about a National Security Clearance, visit the Protective Security Requirements website.