Pay from overseas

How to pay

Pay by credit or debit card now


  1. Pay with a Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card. 
  2. Ensure you use decimal points and not commas when entering fee amounts (ie. $80.00 and not $80,00, which would lead to an $8000 payment)
  3. Payments are in New Zealand Dollars, if you are using a credit or debit card outside of New Zealand any currency conversion will be done according to the terms and conditions of the card. There may be currency conversion or other fees charged by your card issuer.
  4. Please ensure you are paying the correct amount. Any amounts refunded back to a credit or debit card outside of New Zealand could be subject to currency conversion.

Payment must be made in full
Part payments are not accepted. Either the total amount owing on the infringement notice must be paid, or the full amount of an individual offence. Part paid fees will be returned and the infringement notice will remain due for payment, in one full amount, by the due date.

Pay by the due date
If the fee is not paid by the final due date, the infringement notice is automatically filed in court and it becomes a fine for collection by the Ministry of Justice. They will send you a Notice of Fine and you must contact or pay the fine to the Ministry of Justice. A court cost will be added to the fine when it gets filed in court.


For more information, visit frequently asked questions.