Found property

If you have found someone's property, you should try to reunite it with the owner. You could do this by asking people who live nearby or putting up a notice near to where you found the item.

If you find identification documents such as a driving licence or passport, for security reasons you should send them back to the issuing authority.

If you find a bankcard, please follow the instructions on the back of the card.

If you find an item in any of the areas below you should contact the manager of the premises to report the item as being found:

  • Licence premises (pubs, nightclubs)
  • Private premises (house, hotel, hostel)
  • Taxis
  • Public transport (trains, buses, trams)
  • Business premises (shops, supermarkets)
  • Educational premises (schools, universities, colleges)

If you find an item in a place other than those listed above, you can report it online to Police.

Please provide information in your report that will help guide our response, such as could the item be hazardous (e.g. firearms, weapons ammunition, poison), and what is the approximate value of the item.

We will let you know your next course of action e.g. if we will arrange pick up or you will need to report to your nearest station.