Burglary Free aims to create burglary-free zones around schools and their communities.
What students will learn
These year 1–3 resources will help students to learn:
- to look after their possessions
- to respect other peoples possessions
- who can help them and how to use the 111 system.
Three focus areas
Learning activities are arranged in three focus areas
Focus area 1: Mine!
Students learn not to touch, use, or take other people’s possessions and why. Students learn to label and describe their possessions.
Focus area 2: Looking after my stuff
Students learn to put their things, and the classroom things, away. They explore why people borrow things and why it is important to give things back.
- Looking after my stuff (PDF, 638KB)
- Looking after my stuff (Word, 347KB)
Focus area 3: Getting help
Students talk about times when they felt scared and needed help. They identify who can help them at home, at school and in the community. They meet a police officer and learn how to use the 111 system.
- Getting help (PDF, 375KB)
- Getting help (Word, 167KB)