Burglary Free aims to create burglary-free zones around schools and their communities.
What students will learn
These year 7–8 resources will help students to learn:
- about burglary trends
- how to take action to inform other people about burglary
- how to protect other people's property when they are away or on holiday.
Three focus areas
Learning activities are arranged in three focus areas.
Focus area 1: Burglary in our community
Students define the term ‘burglary’, identify burglary trends for their local area and produce material on burglary to share with families and the community.
- Burglary in our community (PDF, 290KB)
- Burglary in our community (Word, 73KB)
Focus area 2: Partnerships
Students learn that in order to prevent burglaries all sections of the community need to work together. They take part in a role play to explore community partners working to prevent burglary.
- Partnerships (PDF, 543KB)
- Partnerships (Word, 171KB)
Focus area 3: Kids’ Watch
Students learn how to keep property safe when the owners are away. They produce Kids’ Watch flyers to distribute to families.
- Kids’ Watch (PDF, 766KB)
- Kids’ Watch (Word, 171KB)