Interpol (International Criminal Police Organisation) promotes international cooperation in the prevention, detection and suppression of crime. Interpol's New Zealand bureau is based in Wellington.
For more information see the website of Interpol.
New Zealand Police supports Interpol in cases involving:
- international missing persons
- mutual assistance applications
- arranging escorts for deportations
- child abduction across international borders
- criminal history checks
- criminal investigations
- witnesses required for overseas court cases
- overseas witnesses required for New Zealand court cases
- maintaining border alerts for Family Court Orders.
Police liaison officers
Senior CIB staff are based within New Zealand’s overseas missions in Bangkok, Sydney, Canberra, Washington, London, Jakarta, Apia and Beijing. They cooperate with international agencies in the collection and sharing of intelligence concerning drugs, terrorism and other criminal matters.